Disclaimer

..if you are easily offended or don't appreciate the semi-god like versatility of the word "fuck" you may want to stop now.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekend preparations... das Beer Review.

So first and foremost I must extend my thanks to my former Squad Leader from back when I was a super boot in 2/1 81's Plt. Yes the originators of why Marines are bad for the women folk. From Coaches, to the Boogey, to many other places we frequented, namely Tijuana. Good times. In fact our resident Brewmaster was also in this infamous platoon of alcholics, womanizers, and trouble makers. So anyways allow me to introduce to you our beer of the week!


Sierra Nevada
Pale Ale

American Pale Ale
5.6%ABV  

Appearance - A Bright Amberish Gold and perfectly clear with a slightly Tan Rocky head that dissapates very quickly.  

Smell - Sweet Malt and a Clean Neutral hop bitterness dominate the scent of this beer.  

Taste - Clean and crisp with a slight bite from the hops.  It's perfectly balanced for an American Pale Ale.  

Mouthfeel - This beer is light and refreshing, with a sharp bitterness and crisp dry finish.  

Overall - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the classic "Gateway Beer", this is one beer that has converted more "Fizzy Yellow Beer Sissies" into Craft Beer Drinkers than any other.  It's Crisp, Clean, Clear and has just the perfect balance of malt and hops to bring even the 
biggest "ButtWiper" Fan over to the Dark-Side.  Don't believe me?  Give it a try, I know you'll like it.  




From the Senator:
I was exposed to this particular beer in Hawaii and I gotta tell you it's pretty damn good. It's not bitter like many other pale ales that you run across. Give it a try and you'll probably enjoy it as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment