Disclaimer

..if you are easily offended or don't appreciate the semi-god like versatility of the word "fuck" you may want to stop now.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Beer Review!!!! July 2, 2011

Okay I know, I'm late. The 4th of July weekend threw my schedule into turmoil. Plus I'm now on vacation. I promise to download my Droid's manual so I can figure out how to do the copy paste feature on my phone. That way I can do this on the road as well.


Now before I bestow the beer review on all of you I wanted to say a few words about the 4th. Basically, please be responsible! I know we all love to partake in the frothy goodness as well as other spirits but if you happen to over indulge make sure not to do anything too crazy. When I say that I'm referring to driving or boating of any sort. The crazy that involves making giant sling shots in the backyard, fat costume sumo wrestling,  or anything equally insane is okay. That's where the fun stories come in! At any rate, thanks again to our resident brewmaster, Danny W!


Stone Brewing Company
Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale

Cascadian Dark Ale/India Black Ale
8.7%ABV  

Appearance - A nice Dark Brown almost Black with a Rocky Tan Head that lingers, lots of carbonation.  

Smell - Sweet and Dank from Amarillo and Simcoe Hops, the Light Roasty notes just barely make it through with a hint of Coffee.    

Taste - Tons of Hop Flavor colliding wtih Roast and Chocolate to make a great complex flavor.  Just the slightest bit of heat from the alcohol lingers
in the aftertaste.  

Mouthfeel - Slick and Creamy with lots of body, this beer is great as a dessert!

Overall - One of the best examples of the new Cascadian Dark Ale style of beers that I've tasted.  This beer is like a mix of a light stout and India Pale
Ale with a great balance of Hops and Roasted Malts.  If you like hoppy, in your face beers like only Stone can make, then this is a beer for you!





In addition to this awesome selection by Danny I would also encourage everyone to try the various Seasonal Brew's that are released. Not just the main stream like Sam Adam's Summer Ale or Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat. Try some of the smaller brewery stuff that may be specific to your area, you will be amazed at how good some of them are. Danny has been pretty damn good at reviewing stuff that is nation wide so we can all find it. Stone is available at most Wegman's, if you don't have a Wegman's in your area I'm truly sorry because they have a GREAT selection!


Happy 4th of July everyone! Enjoy the fireworks! I'll be hiding under a couch somewhere while that's going on but the rest of you crack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment