Disclaimer

..if you are easily offended or don't appreciate the semi-god like versatility of the word "fuck" you may want to stop now.


Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Warrior's Prayer...

This one really doesn't require a disclaimer but more of an explanation. Over the past several days with the Marine Corps birthday and Veterans Day I've been tossing around the idea of throwing this out there. Well, after hearing some thoughts from a few friends and talking to my better half I've decided to go ahead and toss this one out there.


The poem you are about to read is a 15 year old's interpretation of the stories he was told by his grandfathers who fought in WWII. One fought for the Army and landed in the fourth wave on Normandy. The other fought for the Marine Corps and landed on numerous islands in the Pacific, to include, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Saipan, Tarawa, and a few others that I'd have to look at his discharge papers to remember. Keep in mind this is my interpretation, so without further adieu...


A Warrior's Prayer     12-6-95


Lord, please hear me pray,
As I tread along these bloody banks.
Save me from this dying day,
Guide us through descending ranks.


Lord, hear these words I say,
As I walk this blood filled shore.
With fellow man I only pray,
Hoping that my soul will soar.


Lord, look down upon my face,
As I wade knee deep in blood.
Pleading for forgiveness my grace,
I stand within a raging flood.


Lord, save me from this wretched hell,
As I surge towards eternal sleep.
The horrors I've seen I couldn't tell,
Please halt the time so I may weep.


Lord, pull me from enraging flames,
Allow me to sing where angels fly.
Lord, as I pray, my soul he maims,
Please, my Savior, don't let me die...


Cory Will


I hope you enjoyed. I just want to point something out. I wrote this when I was 15. It means so much more to me now. So yeah... as I said, hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment