Disclaimer

..if you are easily offended or don't appreciate the semi-god like versatility of the word "fuck" you may want to stop now.


Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beer Review

Ladies and Gentlemen it's Thirsty Thursday! Today is the day that on your way home from work you should be selecting the alcoholic beverages that you plan to consume with friends or by yourself this weekend. It'a also a day to partake in a little pre-weekend cheat to sample the various kinds of frothy goodness that you acquired for the weekend. Our blog's official Brewmaster, Danny, has provided us another review for our sampling pleasure. So without further adieu...

Indigo Imp 
Spring
Belgian Style Saison
6.8%ABV

Appearance - A Golden Straw color with just a bit of haze from the yeast.  Only slightly carbed with a very small bright white head that leaves almost as quickly as it came. 

Smell - Farmhouse, Phenolic, Fruity, Mango & Papaya all come to mind when I stick my nose deep in to the glass.

Taste - Bright and Crisp with Pineapple and Mango Fruits in the mid-palate, moving to a farmhouse tasting finish. 

Mouthfeel - Light and Dry with a slight acidic bite.   

Overall - A good Saison from a great local production brewery.  There aren't too many beers from
Indigo Imp that I don't like.  Dangerously drinkable for a 6.8%ABV beer, something nice and refreshing for a hot summer day!  We will be getting one of those soon right??!!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll do a review on Bud Light next time for old times sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't go that far. I would recommend reviewing some that are available nationally. I couldn't find a distributor for this one anywhere near DC.

    Oh, and my buddy Tom requested a review of Arrogant Bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do a review of Arrogant Bastard, I'll pick some up the next time I'm at the bottle shop. I actually have a clone of that beer fermenting away in the basement. ;0)

    ReplyDelete