Disclaimer

..if you are easily offended or don't appreciate the semi-god like versatility of the word "fuck" you may want to stop now.


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thirsty Thursday is here!!!!

Okay so it's Thirsty Thursday which means it's time for our regularly scheduled Beer Review. Since blowing a hole in his roof with an negligent kegcharge he has sampled quite a few frothy brews while repairing said roof. Keeping that in mind I think he may have done it on purpose as an excuse to sample more beer without the wife catching on. At any rate before my speculations turn into a rant of their own, I present to you this weeks beer review!


Rogue
Juniper Pale Ale

American Pale Ale/Herb & Spice Beer
5.3%ABV

I tend to gravitate toward beers with unique ingredients, and something brewed with Juniper certainly fits the bill.  

Appearance - A soft pale yellow with a delicate bright white head with lacing that lasts quite a long time.

Smell - Sweet and remniscent of Honey & Lemon, with a nice piney background smell.  

Taste - Soft Sweet Honey & Floral notes to start, moving to a Piney Hop finish, I suspect lots of this is from the juniper as well.  

Mouthfeel - Slightly Syrupy & Pillowy with a sticky finish.  Very smooth & easy to drink.  

Overall - A very interesting and unique beer and certainly one of the better beers I've had with a unique adjunct.  It's very easy to drink, but suprisingly filling as well, very easy to overdo it!  I should buy this beer way more often than I do.  




No comments:

Post a Comment